The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is designed for managers, supervisors and coordinators who work in the construction industry, including those who manage contractor activities or work in an environment that requires temporary workplaces. The qualification covers the core health and safety issues involved in construction and aims to provide candidates with a comprehensive understanding of how to identify and manage workplace hazards. Many candidates undertake this course as a platform to build upon their skills and knowledge and advance in a career in construction health and safety.
This qualification takes place over a 12 day period, plus exams.
Unit 1: NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Do
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
Unit 2: NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Element 1 – Construction Law And Management
- Element 2 – Construction Site – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 3 – Vehicle & Plant Movement – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 4 – Musculoskeletal Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 5 – Work Equipment – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 6 – Electrical Safety
- Element 7 – Fire Safety
- Element 8 – Chemical & Biological Health Hazards And Risk Control
- Element 9 – Physical & Psychological Health – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 10 – Working At Height – Hazards And Risk Control
- Element 11 – Excavation Work & Confined Spaces – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 12 – Demolition & Deconstruction – Hazards & Risk Control
For the assessment, candidates are required to complete written examinations for the two units. The full qualification is awarded once both units and a practical assessment has been successfully completed. The practical assessment is carried out at the student’s place of work.
After completing this course, delegates will be eligible for Technician Membership of the The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), as well as associate membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
This course takes 14 days to complete, plus exams.
GROUP BOOKINGS AND IN-HOUSE DELIVERY
We can come to you and deliver the training at your premises.
For more information and group booking discounts please contact us via telephone, email or fill out the Support Form on the Contact Us page.
NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
This course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites. Suitable for those who have or who are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
Course cancellation charges:
Less than 7 days notice = 100% of course price
8 - 21 days notice = 75% of course price
over 22 days notice = No cancellation fee